Isn’t it funny how sometimes your body just lets you know what it needs? And it’s really important to listen to those messages. I know it’s time for a nutritive cleanse when my sugar cravings are out of control and my energy levels plummet. Have you ever felt like that? For some people cleansing is all about making them feel better physically or looking better. For me, it’s more about how clearly I think. I’m going about my daily life, not realising that ‘brain fog’ has slowly crept in. I’m always amazed at how much clearer I can think after a fast or a cleanse.
I think of cleansing as like giving my body a reboot. You know, like holding down the button on your iPhone until the apple appears and the white screen returns. Prevention is definitely much better for us and cheaper than cures. Did you know Australia spent $180.7 billion on health in 2016–17? That’s more than $7,400 per person! As a nation we are becoming more overweight and looking increasingly to doctors to help prevent lifestyle diseases when really we should be taking responsibility for our own health and lifestyle choices.
How to cleanse without the pain
When I cleanse I cut out sugar, alcohol, caffeine, the few processed foods I may have eaten over the holiday season (we’re all human after all!), dairy and wheat. Removing these things alone from your diet can make a significant difference to your health, but it can be difficult to stick to this long term. I guess this is why so many people fail to keep their New Year’s resolutions. Let’s be honest, if you’re a big caffeine drinker you’ll know just how bad your head can feel after only one day without it. That’s where Young Living Slique Tea* makes a good substitute to help you make the transition.
I increase the amount of water I drink each day and make use of the Young Living 5 day nutritive cleanse. It’s a program that I find easy to stick to, as you aren’t starving yourself. Yes, you do consume less food over the 5 days, but you’re actually getting some essential nutrients that your body needs. So your body feels like it’s getting its needs met, rather than crying out for attention.
The Young Living 5 Day Nutritive Cleanse
The 5 day nutritive cleanse makes use of a few of the Young Living products to help make your cleanse as effective as possible. You can order it as a complete kit here. The products included are:
- NingXia Red® is an energising, proprietary blend of juice extracts, featuring pure essential oils, wolfberry puree and other fruits to provide energy support.**
- During the cleanse: Drink 60 – 120 ml of NingXia Red 3 times daily with meals.
- Digest & Cleanse™ is formulated with essential oils such as Peppermint, Lemon, Ginger and Fennel to support the body’s natural digestive process. Precision delivery softgels delay release for optimal benefits.**
- During the cleanse: Take 1 Digest & Cleanse softgel 3 times daily with water 30 – 60 minutes before meals.
- Balance Complete™ is a meal replacement that is both a nutritive energiser and a cleanser. It offers the benefits of NingXia wolfberry powder, brown rice bran, barley grass, Young Living’s premium whey protein blend and the D-limonene found in Orange essential oil. Balance Complete is high in fibre, high in protein and contains the vitamins and minerals needed for a nutritionally dynamic meal.
- During the cleanse: 3 times daily, add 2 scoops of Balance Complete to 235 ml of cold water, milk or your preferred plant-based milk. Shake, stir or blend until smooth. For added flavour, I add 1-2 drops of essential oil to my Balance Complete. I like to use either Tangerine or Grapefruit.
Why not join me?
The Young Living 5 day nutritive cleanse comes with a daily plan to guide you and a list of other healthy foods you can incorporate. It’s super simple and easy to follow – as a busy mum, I love it.
So during January I’ll be kick starting my health goals by doing the 5 day Nutritive Cleanse. Who is joining me?
*You can find some of the delicious recipes I used during my Slique Challenge here.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Therapeutic Goods Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. Consult a health professional before starting any weight-management or exercise program.