When was the last time you did some self care? You actually put you first and looked after you? Often as mothers we are always putting our family first but you can’t pour from an empty cup. I know it’s cliche but there is a reason that when going or aeroplanes they tell you to put on your mask first before helping others.
Committing to a regular self care ritual isn’t always easy, especially as a Mum with young kids. We take care of our families, our jobs, our responsibilities and sometimes we come in last. This can work for a while, but after some time we begin to weaken and wear ourselves too thin.
“Courage begins with you. If you do not care for yourself emotionally, you will not have the courage to face anything else in life.” ~ Unknown
What do I do for self care?
Take some time regularly to care for yourself – your body AND your mind.
Here are the top 5 things I’m loving right now (and believe me it changes)
- A spicy chai latte with a friend – well that’s probably two things. I love a good catch up and chin wag and what better way to do it than over a chai. I have even tried to recreate the perfect chair using essential oils. You can check out my Hot Topic – Chai with essential oils.
- A magnesium bath – I prefer to buy magnesium sulphate rather than the popular Epsom salts aa I once read that Epsom salts have heavy metals in them and when you spend as much time as I do laying in a bath absorbing stuff in to your skin you want to make sure it’s not doing you more harm than good.
- My jade face guasha that a friend gave me. It’s like giving myself a facial at home. I make up a face serum with rosehip oil as the base and add Young Living’s sandalwood, frankincense, rose, geranium and Copaiba oils. It really makes an amazing difference to how my skin looks and feels.
- Kahuna massage – who has had one of these? Omg it is the most heavenly experience. Those long massage strokes from head to toe are the perfect self care. The vulnerability of the whole experience. It is time where I can go inside myself and reconnect. Definitely recommend this.
- Listening to the music and inhaling the essential oil mist that comes from my Aria diffuser. It is so super relaxing. I love that it comes with a remote so I can turn it off if I want without having to get out of bed.
Self Care With Young Living Essential Oils
You can’t pour from an empty cup. Be the mum you want to be. The one your family needs you to be. You deserve some self care and the best self care I know is to take some time and use your essential oils. Self care rituals are a great way to make use of your essential oils.
- Use them when you mediate or to journal.
- Have a spa day at home and make a DIY Coffee scrub.
- Diffuse, diffuse, diffuse.
Some of the essential oils that are perfect for self care as they help with emotions and uplift our moods are:
- Young Living’s Joy™ – is an uplifting blend of pure essential oils that creates magnetic energy and brings happiness to the heart, inspiring romance and togetherness. This blend is calming, balancing, uplifting and relaxing. Perfect for self care. Joy has an alluring and sweet scent, and can promote love, happiness, and confidence. Use Joy to help release emotional blocks.
- Young Living’s Acceptance™ – encourages feelings of self-worth and acceptance of others. This blend is great to have in your personal collection. Use this blend when going through a transition, trying to adapt to new changes, or taking on new ideas. Acceptance has a tranquil scent that inspires self-exploration, peace, and strength, and has a calming and balancing effect on the mind.
- Lavender – is the best balancing oil in nature, designed to work wherever there is a need. It promotes higher consciousness, vibrant health, self love, inner peace, and overall well-being. Lavender is known for its relaxing aroma that can calm the body and mind. Lavender supports you to feel safe with an openness to receive life’s experiences freely. Allows to you to move on from fear of unfoldment, criticism or abandonment.
- Young Living’s White Angelica™ – contains pure Melissa and Bergamot essential oils, promotes feelings of protection and security when diffused, and can be used to guard against negative energy. This wonderful essential oil blend is comforting, strengthening, grounding, balancing, and stabilising. Use White Angelica to help seal and support your aura, and reserve emotional energy.
- Young Living’s Release™ – is a blend with a relaxing aroma that facilitates the ability to let go of anger and frustration. It also promotes harmony and balance when diffused. Use this calming and grounding blend to help release negative emotions and move forward towards emotional freedom. Release can help increase emotional strength and encourage one to open up about the past or bottled feelings.
- Orange – helps to express your inner joy with confidence. It supports you to move on from sadness and transforms. feelings of self sabotage. Orange magnifies your courage and invokes inner feelings of honouring your full potential.
- Young Living’s Stress Away – ultimate self care oil. It contains a unique combination of Lime essential oil and Vanilla extract. It’s this distinct mix of Vanilla and Lime that gives Stress Away its unique and pleasant aroma, among other benefits. Stress Away also includes Copaiba, which has a history of beneficial properties in topical application; Lavender, with its refreshing and calming scent; and Cedarwood, which features the powerful plant constituent cedrol. These ingredients are expertly blended with the exotic scent of Ocotea, a unique Ecuadorian-sourced essential oil. Young Living’s Stress Away™ essential oil blend is a natural solution created to combat normal stresses that creep into everyday life. Stress Away is the first product to contain the unique stress-relieving combination of lime and vanilla pure essential oils. With an aroma that is the perfect blend of tropical and citrus, Stress Away is uniquely relaxing and comforting.
- Young Living’s Believe – can help you overcome feelings of despair and move to a higher level of awareness. Realising your unlimited potential, this blend contains balsam fir and frankincense, encouraging feelings of strength and faith. Believe can bring emotional and spiritual balance, restore hope and desire, and release negative feelings of despair and inadequacy. This essential oil blend is uplifting, steadying, balancing, grounding, and empowering.
- Young Living’s Trauma Life™ – is a natural blend of pure Sandalwood, Helichrysum, Rose, and other essential oils designed to offer support during difficult emotional exploration. This wonderful blend is calming, grounding, and balancing, and promotes relaxation during times of restlessness. Use Trauma Life to help overcome occasional stress and release buried emotions.
Take some time out right now and write down some ideas in which you can implement self care into your routine.
Let me help you on your essential oil journey. The best way to start is with a Premium Starter Bundle. Surely your mental wellbeing is worth at least $269. I actually calculated the cost per drop in this kit is less than 20 cents. 20 cents to change your emotions, help you sleep, have more energy for your family and kick chemicals to the kerb. Yep you are worth it. Learn more about the Premium Starter Bundles by clicking the link below.