There’s never been a better time to talk about collagen.
This year I turn (drumroll) 45! In the past that number would have terrified me, but I’ve decided that I’m embracing the pro-ageing movement. True confession – I’ve never had Botox or any work done. The only thing I’ve ever done to my face is to use great skincare and makeup. Oh and once I let my best friend dye my eyebrows after a few drinks 🍸 which didn’t end up well at all! 🤣
How to age gracefully and NATURALLY
Don’t get me wrong, I still I look in the mirror 🪞and want to look the best I can for my age. But I want to do it naturally. That’s why I’m super-excited a new product has hit our shores that can help me – and you – do exactly that. In fact, we’re about to start a 90-day Challenge to discover just how amazing this stuff is.
So, let me give you the good news:
- It’s for real women (am I the only one who gets tired of ads where 25-year-old models with flawless skin gush about how this ‘miracle product’ has made their skin smooth?)
- It’s 100% natural
- The Challenge will have LOTS of prizes and even before and after photos. 📸
I’d love it if you would join me and together we can turn back time (without all the work thanks Cher!) Even if this challenge isn’t for you right now, read on to discover the wonders of collagen, why it’s SO important for you and why Young Living’s new Bloom Collagen is truly revolutionary. Then if you’re interested in getting your own Bloom Collagen Complete click this link 👇
And if you DO want to join the fun, be part of the Challenge and do something GOOD for yourself for 90 days message me so I can let you know how to join, where to post the before and after pics and how to enter the prize draws.
What IS Collagen?
- Collagen is a protein and it’s like the glue that holds your body together. In fact, the name comes from two Greek words – kola meaning ‘glue’ and gen meaning ‘producing’.
- You’ll find the majority of it in your bones, skin, muscles, tendons, and ligaments. You’ll find it in all parts of your body. From the cornea of your eye to your gut to your heart to the discs between your vertebrae to your teeth.
- Your body has 30 different types of collagen. Each is a slightly different collection of amino acids, depending on where in your body it is. However, over 90% of collagen in your body is Type I.
- Gram for gram, Type I collagen has greater tensile strength than steel. That means a greater ability to withstand pulling or stretching. Cool fact – Type I collagen has a unique structure. It’s a triple helix which is what gives it it’s strength. And that’s what makes your bones, tendons, skin, cartilage and connective tissue so strong and so elastic.
Why talk about Collagen?
Here are some important facts you need to know:
- Our bodies produce collagen, but this production peaks at about age 25 (remember those models I mentioned). Unfortunately it then starts to decrease as we get older by just over 1% a year. It’s accelerated in women by menopause.
- Ageing isn’t the only thing that decreases our collagen and causes our skin (and other parts of our body!) to be ‘less elastic’. And yes, that’s code for saggy, wrinkly, less flexible!
- Other lifestyle factors include: smoking, eating too much sugary food, exposure to UV light, too little sleep, too much screen time (EMFs)… and gravity!
How can you benefit from Collagen?
So, what can you do? In the past some companies have added collagen to their beauty lotions, creams and potions and used that as a big selling point. Small problem – collagen molecules are too large to be absorbed in your skin, so adding it to creams and lotions actually has NO little or no benefit!
The way to get collagen into your body is to ingest it. You can get some from chicken, egg whites, beans, shellfish and bone broth. But the best way is to take it as a supplement.
When we ingest collagen our body breaks it down into the basic building blocks – peptides and amino acids – which our body then uses as needed to repair itself. Yes, it will definitely help your skin, but it’s not like we can take a specific type to ‘target’ a particular part of our body. The collagen we take is going to benefit our whole body.
The Best Collagen?
- Collagen comes from two main sources – bovine (made from the hides of cows) and marine (made from the skin and scales of fish). Some is also sourced from chickens and pigs.
- Research shows that marine collagen is about 1.5 times more bioavailable to us – that means your body absorbs it more efficiently than other types.
- Note – none of these types of collagen are vegan-friendly.
- Collagen is hydrolized – heated in solution and the triple helix bonds are broken down to make gelatin. You’ll find gelatin in gummy bears and marshmallows and it’s often used in cooking. This can be further hydrolized using enzymes to break it down into collagen peptides – now soluble in cold water and this is the form most easily absorbed into our bodies.
What so special about Bloom Collagen Complete?
Like to restore your skin’s natural radiance?
Want firmer, more elastic skin?
Want to improve your skin’s texture, tone and smoothness?
- Each bottle of BLOOM Collagen Complete contains 10g of hydrolized marine collagen peptides, so it’s in the most bio-available form making it easy for your body to absorb and use.
- For you body to create collagen it also needs Vitamin C, zinc and copper. So, Young Living have added wolfberry juice, three citrus essential oils (Lemon, Lime & Grapefruit), minerals (including copper & zinc), CoQ10 and Jasmine Green tea extract.
- That’s why Young Living call it BLOOM Collagen Complete – it provides everything needed to support your body’s use of the collagen – anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals… it’s all there.
And what I LOVE about it – and all of Young Living’s products – is that ALL the ingredients are ethically and sustainably sourced and they’re free from artificial colours, preservatives and sweeteners. So you KNOW you’re getting a highly-engineered, but totally NATURAL product.
How to get the best from BLOOM Collagen Complete
Young Living says the ideal way to see improvement using BLOOM Collagen Complete (for women and men 30 years and older) is to take a bottle a day for 90 days. Then go to a maintenance regime of a bottle every second day. That’s what I’ll be trying in the 90 Day Challenge.
Turn back time?
Okay, so maybe you can’t turn back time… But you can definitely look and feel your best as you get older. And maintaining collagen is a big part of that.
So, why not join me in the 90-Day Challenge and together let’s rock it!
Because I agree with Joan Collins:
“Age is just a number. It’s totally irrelevant unless, of course, you happen to be a bottle of wine.”
If you’re interested in getting your own Bloom Collagen Complete click this link 👇
And if you’ve got any questions or want more info about the 90-Day Challenge, send me an email here –