The thing is, all of the xenoestrogens we are exposed to on a daily basis add up. Together with stress, emotional issues, diet and lifestyle choices they can throw our hormones out of balance. The Good News is that there are definitely some positive changes you can make. Here are my top 10:
- Talk to your Doctor or other health professional about your hormones and possibly getting your levels checked with a blood or saliva test. This way you’ll know if there is an issue.
- Increase your intake of good fats such as coconut, olive oil, seeds, nuts, avocado etc. as our bodies need the good cholesterol in these to make hormones.
- Looking After Yourself – this includes exercising for 20 minutes at least 3 times a week, avoiding stimulants such as caffeine and alcohol, increasing your water intake, getting 8 hours of beauty sleep each night to allow your body to reset itself, eating a healthy diet full of fresh organic foods, getting some fresh air and sunshine.
- Switch to glass, stainless steel, paper and cloth instead of plastic as plastic contains loads of xenoestrogrens.
- Switch to natural plant based personal care productssuch as shampoos, conditioners, moisturisers, soaps etc. Parabens, Phthalates and even Triclosan are xenoestrogens.
- Switch to natural mineral and plant based makeup.
- Switch to natural cleaning products.
- Buy as many organic foods as you can afford and wash everything. I wash my fruits and vegetables using the Thieves Household Cleaner.
- Cut out soy products – yes that includes soy lattes and cappuccinos.
- Talk to your health professional about your choicesfor contraceptives and bio-identical hormone replacement therapy.
If you would like a free copy of Dr John Lee’s Hormone Balance Checklist, click the link. Or if you would like to book a face-to-face or Skype consultation with me (I’m a Certified Clinical Aromatherapist who specialises in women’s hormones) then phone 0438 189 906 or email me and I’ll be in touch to book a time.
Read more about what causes hormone imbalance in the article below.