I reckon you can tell a lot about a person by the way they deal with hardship and challenge – because those experiences are what build strength and character. Apply that principle to Northern Lights Black Spruce Essential Oil and you begin to realise why this oil has such a unique character.
Northern Lights Black Spruce (Picea mariana) is a member of the pine family. It is grown and distilled at Young Living’s Northern Lights tree farm in British Columbia.
What makes the Northern Lights Black Spruce tree so unique?
– it’s able to tolerate huge variations in temperature.
– it thrives in poor soil.
– in the wild black spruce reproduces mainly from seeds activated by forest-fire.
– its root systems spread deep and wide, giving it a firm grip on the earth.
The trees Young Living distills – and they distill the whole tree to extract every drop of goodness – are bathed in the energy of the aurora borealis – which is believed by many cultures to create spiritual renewal, clarity and balance.
This woodsy, fresh-smelling oil includes the naturally occurring constituents alpha-pinene, camphene, and beta-pinene, and is an important ingredient in many products, including Valor II, Peace & Calming II, Light the Fire and Shutran essential oil blends.
A drop of Northern Lights Black Spruce has the following benefits:
* It has a rich and deep aroma that is evergreen, calms and soothes.
* It has a grounding aspect, making it an excellent choice for yoga and meditation when applied to feet, spine, or neck.
* It creates a calming experience when used aromatically, promoting healthy sleep.
* It helps maintain the appearance of healthy-looking skin when applied topically.
* It soothes tense and sore muscles when applied to the skin.
Tree oils, in general, are fantastic for supporting our bodies during times of inflammation. High in alpha-pinene, they support the body’s natural response to injury and stress. NLBS is no exception! It is an excellent oil to use post-workout, during acute immune system needs or anytime your body is feeling the effects of inflammation of any kind!
Background of the Northern Lights Black Spruce
Historically, spruce was used by the Lakota Indians to enhance their ability to communicate with the Great Spirit and was believed to have the frequency of prosperity. NLBS is a fantastic oil to diffuse or apply during prayer and meditation. It helps release emotional blocks and creates a sense of balance and grounding, making it an excellent choice for feelings of stress or anxiousness, and for diffusing at bedtime.
Northern Lights Black Spruce and Emotions
Northern Lights Black Spruce is a calming and grounding oil that is fantastic for releasing stored emotions. It can help ease feelings of loss and create a sense of security, much like being in a forest soothes our spirit. NLBS can help to heal emotional trauma, calm the body, relieve anger and make life flow better.
This oil is a great option to diffuse for children who are having trouble with transitions, new schools, big changes, emotional trauma, and anger.
Our emotional health affects our physical well-being, and NLBS can help with immune health! It helps the body detox naturally and promotes the production of leukocytes (white blood cells), boosting the body’s natural defenses.
How can I use Northern Lights Black Spruce?
* Use NLBS in your daily wellness and personal care routines.
* Diffuse at bedtime to support healthy sleep. NLBS pairs well with lavender, cedarwood, vetiver, frankincense, orange, or tangerine.
* Mix with Geranium and Orange for a calming and uplifting perfume or diffuser combination. For a 10mL roller bottle, add about 20 drops of each essential oil and carrier of choice.
* Add it to skin care products or apply it topically to help improve the appearance of dry skin or maintain healthy-looking skin.
* Apply it on the feet’s soles, spine, back of the neck, or use for a deep tissue massage.
* Make a simple Muscle Massage Oil and apply it to sore muscles.
* Wear NLBS as a cologne or layer it with Lavender or Neroli for an aromatic pick-me-up.
* Combine a few drops of Northern Lights Black Spruce with a complementary aroma like Cedarwood or Lavender for a soothing massage.
* Add a few drops to a lightweight carrier oil, such as jojoba or grapeseed, to create a natural beard oil.
* Make a cologne roller.
* Use NLBS to create a cozy home in the fall, winter, and holiday seasons.
Diffusing Northern Lights Black Spruce Essential Oil
Northern Lights Black Spruce oil is ideal for diffusing, especially during meditation.
Use it in a massage to bring comfort to tight muscles, wear just a drop in combination with your favourite blend to bring clarity and focus.
For more information about the essential oil and about the Northern Lights tree farm, check out this great video from Young Living – https://youtu.be/c4RkHq7QHcs
P.S. Have you tried Northern Lights Black Spruce? We’d love to hear about your experience!
*Caution: Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.