You have heard of orange and poppy seed muffins but what about trying an orange and poppy seed scrub?
Why make your own Body Scrubs?
Skin is our body’s largest organ. It’s our personal connection with the world and with other people. It’s our protector. It holds us together and keeps us safe. It’s tough but it’s also porous. It can protect us from harm in so many ways… but we need to look after it. Unfortunately it can’t do it’s job of protecting us when we cover it with toxic chemicals. So many of these toxic chemicals are absorbed straight into our bodies from the products we put on our skin and on our children’s skin.
As a general rule, if I wouldn’t eat it, I’m not going to put it on my skin and definitely not on my girls skin either. So what is the alternative? For me I use pure essential oils in my skin care and personal care products. I either make my own products or buy them from Young Living, as I know they have already done all the hard work and research for me.
Why use a Body Scrub to Exfoliate?
Your skin replaces itself every 30-60 days. Exfoliating speeds up this process by eliminating dead cells and allowing new cells to flourish. It also promotes the absorption of nourishing serums ad moisturisers designed to prolong a youthful appearance. I suggest exfoliating twice a week.
The orange and poppy seed scrub is a body scrub not a face scrub. Sugar and salt a re too abrasive to be used on the face and can scratch the skin leading to more wrinkles later on. And we don’t want that, do we?
Before you start using essential oils on your skin:
- Do a patch test. Even though Young Living’s essential oils are 100% pure, they are also very concentrated and some people’s skin may react so best to test a small patch of skin somewhere less noticeable.
- Always refer to the label directions on the bottle before use.
- Some of our essential oils may need to be diluted with a carrier oil. Dilution is basically adding a drop or two of the essential oil in to a good quality carrier oil such as a vegetable oil. This helps to reduce the potency in some cases of the strong essential oils but also helps the essential oil to be absorbed by the skin over a larger area. Young Living sells an amazing carrier oil called V6. Dilution is also recommended when using essential oils with children or the elderly.
- Citrus oils are photosensitive and direct sun should be avoided after applying.
- People taking medication should use caution when using essential oils.
Orange and Poppy Seed Scrub Recipe
8 drops Young Living Orange essential oil
25ml cold pressed vegetable oil (Young Living V6 carrier oil)
1/2 tsp poppy seeds
50gm sugar (brown or white) or you can use salt.
- Add sugar and poppy seeds to a glass jar with a lid.
- Combine 8 drops of Orange Essential Oil with 25ml cold pressed vegetable oil.
- Add oils to the jar and stir. You may need to add more salt to the jar and stir again.
- Mmm the orange and poppy seed scrub is yummy but be careful as it can make your bath and shower slippery.
- Keeps for 6 months
How long do natural products last?
As a general rule with natural products – if it smells off it is off. Natural products don’t contain synthetic preservatives so won’t last as long as supermarket bought products. Natural products are way better for our bodies though. I don’t make up my orange and poppy seed scrub or any other natural body products in large quantities so that way I’m not having to throw out any that might have gone off before I get to use them.
The best way to get to buy Young Living essential oils is with your own wholesale membership. That way you can get all the good things for your pet at 24% off!
When you set up a wholesale membership, you automatically get a membership with wholesale pricing: 24% off everything and access to discounted ER bundles. Some of which are 17% off the wholesale price. There is even a specific ER bundle for your pets.
Most importantly, you are supported by a community of likeminded people! We are dedicated to helping you with your health goals.
With a membership, you have the opportunity to help your friend, or two, or three, get a starter kit. It’s as easy as passing your member number along when they want to order a PSK of their own. Young Living will send you a $65 “thank you” check for every person you help get a PSK if you have ordered 50PV that month.
There are two ways to get a wholesale account.
1. By ordering a premium starter bundle – these save you more than half the price
2. Choose 100pv (points shown near the price of each item) in one order and you get a free wholesale account.
Both these options also come with our cute welcome pack.