Some of you are probably thinking why mocktail recipes and not cocktail recipes?
Well at the start of this year Jeremy and I both decided to go alcohol free in 2023. And can you believe it we have not had an alcohol for 10 months now? Yep I’ve passed up the champagne bubbles for mocktails.
The first month or so was hard, as we did enjoy a red wine or a G&T occassionally but we held strong. I think I have tried all the non-Alcoholic drinks in the supermarket and I have even ordered the Sans Drinks online to take along to bbqs and parties. My favourite is the ms sans nonalcoholic cosmopolitan premixed.
But when we are home and we really want to enjoy something fancy we make our own mocktails.
Here are the best mocktail recipes for you to try this Summer:
Lavender Lemon Cooler by Chef Kate McAloon
The captivating colour of this refreshing lavender mocktail is derived from the naturally occurring butterfly pea flower. This extraordinary ingredient has truly magical qualities as it darkens to a rich purple-blue when mixed with citrus juice, transforming into an exquisite shade of light lavender pink! Not only does it make for a stunning beverage but it also has widely known health benefits.
- 1⁄2 cup lemonade* (pre-mixed with butterfly pea flower powder – see TIP)
- 1⁄2 cup sparkling apple juice*
- 2 squeezes YL Vytalyte Drops Lemon Lavender
- 4 drops Young Living Lemon essential oil
- NingXia Zyng (optional to top up glass)
- Ice (for serving)
- Make sure to have all the ingredients measured and chilled ahead of time.
- Pour all the drink ingredients into your glass (approximately 3⁄4 full), add garnishes and stir with ice to chill.
- Garnish with lemon and lime slices, berries and edible flowers around the inside of the glass.
- Top up with NingXia Zyng® or more ice as needed before adding a fresh sprig of thyme or lavender and serve immediately.
NOTE: This recipe can easily be multiplied to make a bigger batch, served in a jug or punch bowl.
To create a beautiful lavender hue, mix 1⁄2 – 1 tsp of butterfly pea flower (add more for a darker shade) with 450 ml lemonade, mix well in the bottle or shaker then strain out solids before using. Butterfly pea flower powder can be found at health food stores and online.
Sunset Punch by Chef Kate McAloon
Bring sophistication to your next get-together with this nutritious and gorgeous mocktail! Everyone will love the exquisite flavours while knowing that they are also nourishing their bodies with healthy ingredients.
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup sparkling apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup NingXia Red
- 4 drops Young Living Orange and/or Tangerine essential oil
- 2 drops Young Living Lemon essential oil
- 1 drop Citrus Fresh essential oil blend (optional)
- NingXia Zyng (to finish topping up mocktail)
- Ice (for serving)
- Optional garnishes
- Simply add all the ingredients to your glass (approximately 3⁄4 full) and essential oils (to your preference) and then stir with ice to chill.
- To create a visually pleasing presentation, add some garnishes such as citrus or strawberry slices, mint leaves and edible flowers on the side of the glass so they peek through.
- Finally top off your mocktail with a splash of NingXia Zyng or any other desired garnishments – like extra ice cubes!
Lemon Lime Slushy – Mocktail Recipes
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 27 ice cubes
- 3 tablespoons Stevia
- 2 drops Lemon essential oil
- 2 drops Lime essential oil
- Blend on high for 45-60 seconds or until well blended
- Serves 2
Citrus Fresh Fizz – Mocktail recipes
- 1 Ningxia Red sachet or 60ml shot
- 2 drops Citrus Fresh essential oil
- Soda Water
- 15 Ice Cubes
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and mix until the ice has been crushed
- Pour into a cocktail glass.
- Decorate with berries and mint leaves.
- Sit back. relax & enjoy!
NOTE: This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to serve in a jug or punch bowl.
Looking for a way to make your mocktail recipes truly special?
Try rimming the glasses! Add about one tablespoon of NingXia Red® on a flat plate and on another plate an equal amount of crushed freeze-dried berries. Then, dip the rim of the glass in the NingXia Red followed by the crushed freeze-dried berries – it will give them a festive look with minimal effort.
Whenever I post about using essential oils in cooking or in drinks people always ask – Can you really use essential oils in cooking or drinks? Yes but it comes down to the quality of the essential oils you use. If you want to learn more about this click the link to check out my blog post.