What if you could save money by making your own natural cleaning wipes? I’m forever going through wipes – baby wipes, cleaning wipes and even makeup wipes. What if you could make them all with one super easy recipe? Ok, it will require a slightly change in the recipe depending on which wipes you want to make. The basic ingredients are the same for all 3 types of wipes though.
These DIY cleaning wipes are convenient, great for fast clean-up, require little to no time to make and don’t use any harsh chemicals!
All you need is:
- Good quality paper towel – I like to use Viva as it doesn’t fall apart when it gets wet.
- Natural Bath and Shower Gel – I like to use the Young Living Bath and Shower Gel as it has no nasty ingredients and I can order it online.
- Essential Oils – Yep you guessed it I only use Young Living essential oils in all my recipes.
- Distilled Water – Tap water, filtered water and even boiled water can contain tiny bugs which can cause your products to go off fast. So for the extra $2 or so it costs to buy Distilled water I would do it. That way your products will last longer. Believe me you wouldn’t want to be using a makeup wipe that has already got bacteria growing on it before you even use it.
- An air tight container (preferably glass or stainless steel but believe me it is hard to find these to fit half a roll on paper towel. I like to use the empty Young Living Balance Complete or Protein Powder containers).
- Option – 1 Vitamin E capsule pierced. This will help give your natural products a longer shelf life. It is also great for the makeup remover and baby wipes as Vitamin E helps keep skin soft.
- Cut the paper towel roll in half with a knife and set it inside the container.
- In a separate bowl, mix 2 cups of distilled water, 1 tbs of the Bath and Shower Gel, and 10 drops of your favourite essential oil.
- Pour the mixture over the paper towel roll.
- Once the paper towel roll is wet, you will be able to easily lift the cardboard tube out from the middle. You can start pulling the paper towels out from the centre, just like store bought cleaning wipes!
- Make sure to seal the container with a lid once you are done using them.
- Some great essential oils to try if making the Baby Wipes are Gentle Baby or Seedlings Calm. If your baby is under 3 months of age use 3-5 drops of essential oil in the mixture. You can even add a Teaspoon of the Seedlings Baby Oil to make them softer on your babies skin. Instead of the Bath and Shower Gel you could use the Seedlings Baby Wash and Shampoo.
- For all natural cleaning wipes the Bath and Shower Gel can be substituted for 2 capfuls of the Thieves Household Cleaner. These are great or cleaning your kitchen or bathroom. You could use Lemon essential oil or the Thieves Essential Oil Blend for these wipes. Check out our video at the bottom of this page.
- If making the Make Up Remover Wipes you can add in a teaspoon of the Mirah Luminous Cleansing Oil or the ART Renewal Serum. Some essential oils that make a great addition to your makeup remover wipes include a combination of 6 drops Stress Away and 4 drops Peace and Calming essential oil blends. If you have:
Do you want to try making more of your own all natural skin, hair and body care recipes at home? Then download a free copy of my “If I wouldn’t eat it then I’m not going to use it on my body” ebook. It is full of simple recipes you can make at home. This is just one of the amazing resources our Oily Tribe have access too.
When you get started using Young Living essential oils and products with our team you have access to my extensive range of resources, training and support for free. Honestly there is thousands of dollars worth of resources and training on offer to our team that I have been creating over the past 10 years.
Plus you can join in with our fun, friendly online community as part of our VIP Facebook Group. You’ll not just be making all natural products but friends along the way. Check out our Get Started Page to find out more.