Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood Hydrosol is the perfect moisture-rich mist for all skin types! It is extracted by steam distilling wood from mature sandalwood trees native to the Hawaiian Islands. During the distillation process, the essential oil is separated from the hydrosol, which is also known as distillation water or floral water. Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood^ Hydrosol contains many of the same beneficial constituents as the essential oil, prediluted in a convenient spray bottle for easy application.
Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood Hydrosol comes from the Kona Sandalwood Reforestation Project in Hawaii. This Project is a great example of how Young Living farm partnerships strive to preserve cultural values. At this location, only dead or dying sandalwood is harvested to maintain the ecological balance and to follow the deeply rooted Hawaiian belief in humanity’s responsibility to maintain a respectful relationship with the land. Serendipitously, it’s also at this point when the highest percentage of oil can be found. Essential oil is extracted through the steam distillation of wood pieces of mature sandalwood trees found primarily in dry forest areas on lava substrates.
Why ‘Royal’ Hawaiian Sandalwood?
Hawaiian sandalwood, or Santalum paniculatum, grows at a higher altitude than other sandalwood trees and was once traded exclusively by Hawaiian royalty. That’s why the essential oil extracted from the trees is called “Royal” Hawaiian Sandalwood. The oil is especially high in santalol and has a smooth, sweet aroma.
This hydrosol is produced during the distillation of the luxurious Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood essential oil and has many of the same constituents in a lower concentration. Best of all it is cheaper too.
Young Living Founder D. Gary Young played a pivotal role in the growth of the Kona Sandalwood Reforestation Project. When he, Co-Founder Mary Young, and their family visited, it became clear that he shared the same passion as the project’s founder and owner, Wade Lee. Together, they envisioned using the dead and dying sandalwood that the forest was providing to create a sustainable, beloved product. Through this partnership with Young Living, the reforestation project is now a beautiful and thriving Hawaiian forest that provides the world with precious Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood essential oil.
How to use Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood Hydrosol
This distillation water is a refreshing, aromatic multipurpose spray that hydrates skin and hair and adds a welcoming aroma to linens and the air in your home.
- Reduces the appearance of blemishes and promotes more youthful looking skin.
- Spritz onto your face to smooth the appearance, refresh and hydrate your skin.
- Apply after shaving for a more youthful looking glow.
- Use it instead of a toner as part of your skin care routine.
- Mist linens like towels and sheets.
- Use the Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood Hydrosol to freshen up winter blankets or jumpers that you have had stored away.
Have you ever heard of hair perfume before?
No? You’re missing out!
Hair perfume not only keeps your hair smelling clean and fresh but can also help to nourish your strands. Try this recipe for shiny, healthy-looking hair that smells irresistibly sweet and floral.
What you’ll need:
- Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood Hyrosol
- 1 tablespoon Mirrah Hair Oil
- 5 drops Geranium Bourbon essential oil
- 3 drops Orange essential oil
- 3 drops Vanilla oleoresin
- 2 drops Bergamot essential oil
- Add oils into Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood Hydrosol spray bottle.
- Shake mixture and spritz lightly onto dry hair.
Learn more about making natural perfumes in Make Natural Perfume & Smell AMAZING!.
Benefits and Features of the Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood Hydrosol
- Smooths the appearance of skin
- Reduces the appearance of blemishes
- Promotes the appearance of youthful skin
- Includes naturally occurring constituents alphasantalol and beta-santalol
Directions for using the Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood Hydrosol
- Shake well before using. Refrigerate after opening.
- Spritz 2 – 3 times on desired skin area as a refreshing body mist.
- Spray 4 – 5 times inside rooms to freshen.
- Mist onto desired linens 18 – 25 cm away for a light fragrance.
What’s the Difference between Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood and other Sandalwood species?
^Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood is a trademark of Jawmin, LLC.