Young Living distills three different varieties of Eucalyptus essential oil. That is, 3 of the 700 known varieties existing in the world! Needless to say, we think these three are pretty special! 💚
Every one of the many varieties of eucalyptus share some common characteristics. For example, every member of the eucalyptus family flowers, and they can all be classified as trees or shrubs. While the whole population shares root origin, they are grown around the world and have differences.
Eucalyptus has been of special interest to people since ancient times and has been used for everything from fuel to fragrances. Most species can survive over 250 years, and in the right conditions, many live up to 500 years. The trees can also survive wildfires! Deep inside the tree and roots, these plants have dormant shoots that germinate only under the trigger of heat by flames.
Eucalyptus trees are known for high yield of oils. When the weather is warm enough in eucalyptus forests, they release their oils into the air creating a smog-like mist; and that’s how the Australian Blue Mountains got their name! All three essential oils YL carries are steam distilled from just leaves.
Let’s look at each of Young Living’s three Eucalyptus oils, what blends they can be found in, and some of the characteristics that make them unique.
Eucalyptus Radiata is sourced from Australia and has a bright and pungent, citrusy scent. It is milder than Eucalyptus Globulus, with a sweeter and more citrus scent. Its cooling, refreshing, and energizing aroma makes it a popular choice to use. It is found in three of Young Living’s popular blends, including Thieves, R.C., Raven, and Ortho Ease.
• Turn your shower into a spa by adding 5¬–10 drops of Eucalyptus Radiata in the bottom of your shower. You can also try adding it to a warm, damp washcloth and placing it just out of direct contact with the water before showering. It will create a cool, refreshing experience—perfect for a post-workout pick-me-up!
• Boost the power of your next foot rub by adding a few drops to Ortho Ease Massage Oil and give your toes a little calming and relaxing love.
• Rejuvenate and recharge in your home or office when you create an inspiring getaway by diffusing Eucalyptus Radiata.
• Kick the stale odors out of closets, attics, and anywhere else they may loom with a DIY room refresher spray powered by Eucalyptus Radiata essential oil.
This variety is sourced from China and has a rich, bold, and earthy scent. Eucalyptus Globulus is the strongest and most intense of the eucalyptus oils. It also has the highest amount of eucalyptol and has a very strong, sharp, and green scent to it. It is popular in personal care products, spa treatments, and DIYs for its cleansing and refreshing properties. It can be found in R.C. and Ortho Sport Massage Oil.
• Embrace the cleansing benefits of Eucalyptus Globulus by adding a drop or two to your favorite facial cream! Be cautious around the eye area, as it can produce a tingling sensation.
• Breathe fresh! Enjoy an uplifting experience by inhaling Eucalyptus Globulus directly or rubbing it on your chest.
• Create a refreshing atmosphere for your next workout! Diffuse Eucalyptus Globulus before or during your next at-home sweat session.
• Give your muscles a break by adding Eucalyptus Globulus to V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex and using it for a relaxing massage.
Eucalyptus Blue is a cross between Eucalyptus Citriodora and Eucalyptus Globulus and has a distinctly herbaceous and calming scent to it that makes it a key ingredient in Breathe Again Roll-On. This exotic single is grown at Young Living’s farm in Ecuador.
• Cool down after a hard workout by adding a few drops of Eucalyptus Blue to your neck.
• Wake up your afternoon by diffusing Eucalyptus Blue in your home or office.
• Diffuse this oil to create the perfect environment for boosting your spirits.
To buy the world’s best quality essential oils go to www.myyl.com/kimthomson