Thieves Household Cleaner is an amazingly powerful, all natural, plant based Household Cleaner, which is less than $1 for a 300ml spray bottle. It really is a steal (Boom Boom, get it, Thieves). The Thieves Household Cleaner is so concentrated you only need 10 mls mixed with 300mls of water to make up an all-natural spray cleaner. You can make 42 bottles of spray cleaner from your one concentrated bottle. Can’t beat that price! Time to Ditch and Switch all your household cleaners for the Thieves all-purpose household cleaner. Living above the wellness line and saving money at the same time. Double bonus!
Something many people don’t know is that Injury has now replaced disease as the biggest single cause of death to Australian Children with more than half of all injuries to children occurring at home. Chemicals in household products can cause a potential threat to your family’s safety. Did you know that almost 2500 Australian children are admitted to hospital every year are from poisoning. The statistics are quite alarming. I have written a whole Hot Topic about the dangers of cleaning products. Check out Are our cleaning products killing us?
When I was pregnant with my first child I literally went through all my cupboards and threw out all the cleaning products and anything else I was worried about my baby swallowing when she started crawling. My husband asked me what we were going to clean the house with? I was like ummmm water? Thankfully I found Thieves Household Cleaner shortly after this.
With the Thieves Household Cleaner I even get my girls to help with the cleaning. I know there are no nasties in it if they breathe it in or it gets on their skin. Did you know that everything you put on your skin gets in to your blood stream? So, if I wouldn’t eat it, I wouldn’t put it on my skin.
Why is it called Thieves Household Cleaner?
Thieves is the essential oil that gives name and power to Young Living’s range of cleaning products including the Thieves Household Cleaner. It truly is legendary and it’s one of Young Living’s signature blends. Gary Young, the founder of Young Living, read about the Four Thieves mixture in a museum in France over twenty years ago. The legend talks of four thieves who rubbed themselves in a mix of spices so they could boldly, and safely, steal from dead plague victims.
Gary has used this story as the inspiration behind this amazingly powerful blend of Clove, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus, Rosemary and Lemon. Many other essential oil companies have created their own similar blends since learning of the power and success of Young Living’s Thieves blend, however nothing beats the original.
How to dilute Thieves Household Cleaner
Thieves Household Cleaner can be used on so many different surfaces: kitchen benches, bathrooms, floors, toys, clothes, carpet, mirrors, windows, and more. Spot check a small area before you use your Thieves Household cleaner on a new surface.
Thieves Household Cleaner comes in a concentrated form and needs to be diluted with water in a spray bottle before use.
- Light Degreasing Ratio – one cap Thieves Cleaner to three cups of water in a spray bottle. Use the light degreasing ratio for mirrors, windows, or other delicate surfaces.
- Medium degreasing ratio – one cap Thieves Cleaner to two cups of water in a spray bottle. Use the medium degreasing ratio for your everyday use, countertops, floors, sinks, etc.
- Heavy degreasing ratio – one cap Thieves Cleaner to one cup of water in a spray bottle. Use the heavy degreasing ratio on carpet stains, NingXia stains, or any hard to clean surface.
If you are still confused about how to dilute the Thieves Household Cleaner or maybe you are curious about what surfaces you can and cannot use Thieves Household Cleaner on, check out this video. It talks about the ingredients used in Thieves and answers the most commonly asked questions!
50 uses for Thieves Household Cleaner
- Clean stainless steel appliances by spraying diluted Thieves Household Cleaner and wiping down with a damp sponge or microfibre cloth.
- One of the things I use my Thieves Household Cleaner for is mould. We live in rainforest like conditions and mould loves to grow on everything in the bottom part of our house. Thieves Household Cleaner is the Best Mould Remover. Check out my Hot Topic to see my simple steps for removing mould.
- DIY Foaming Hand Soap (Fill a foaming hand soap container 1/4 of the way full with Liquid Castille soap. Add one capful of Thieves Household Cleaner and the rest water.)
- No streak window cleaning
- No streak mirror cleaning
- No streak shower glass and door – I am often amazed at how great Thieves Household Cleaner is on soap scum build up.
- Clean stove tops
- Clean ovens (spray, soak, wipe clean)
- Clean marble, granite, corian, & formica countertops
- Clean sinks
- Clean toilet bowls
- Clean Bath Tubs
- Clean Shower tiles
- Grout cleaning made easy (Mix 2 capfuls of Thieves Household Cleaner with bicarb soda, until pastey. Let soak then use a toothbrush to give s gently scrub before wiping off with a damp cloth)
- Homemade liquid dish soap – In a 500ml glass bottle with a pump, combine ½ cup distilled water and 1 tsp bicarb soda and shake or stir well to combine. Add 2 capfuls Thieves Household Cleaner, 20 drops of Young Living essential oils (Thieves, Lemon, Purification, Citrus Fresh or Tea Tree), and then carefully pour in 1 1/4 cup of unscented Castile liquid soap and 1 Tbsp vegetable glycerin. Swirl or stir carefully to combine.
- Freshen Laundry (Add one capful to your laundry cycle)
- Use as a spot treatment spray on stained clothes (Use 1 capful of Thieves Household Cleaner to 4-6 cups of water in a spray bottle for spot treatment)
- Spot clean carpet
- Clean inside of fridge/freezer
- Clean microwave
- Clean outside and inside cupboards
- Clean inside drawers
- Wood Furniture Cleaner (1 capful Thieves Household Cleaner with 3/4 c. olive oil and 3 drops Lemon essential oil. Wipe down wood furniture, cabinets, tabletops.)
- Clean floors- linoleum, floating floors, hardwood, tile (1-2 capfuls Thieves Household Cleaner and fill spray bottle with water, mist surface and mop. Also add 1 capful to small bucket of water for heavier floor cleaning, I usually just take water on a mop or microfiber mop and spray Thieves Household Cleaner on the floor that I’m mopping. A light mist works great!
- Clean ceiling fans
- Clean light fixtures
- Clean sliding glass door tracks
- Clean your garbage bins (inside and out)
- Clean walls – I use undiluted Thieves Household Cleaner on an Texta marks or to remove stickers.
- Clean skirting boards
- Clean air vents
- Clean power points – Use the light de-greasing ratio for cleaning walls, power points and vents
- Clean doorknobs
- Use in dishwasher (1 capful in the bottom for washing or mix with vinegar to use as rinse aid)
- Clean pots & pans (sprinkle bicarb soda on burnt on food and spray with Thieves Household Cleaner. Soak and wipe clean)
- Wipe down toys and baby items (soak extra sticky toys in sink full of water)
- Clean exercise equipment (yoga mat, weights, equipment)
- DIY hand cleaner (60ml spray bottle and 1/4-1/2 capful of Thieves Household Cleaner, fill with water)
- Spray down matresses
- Freshen washing machine using “clean cycle” or just add 1 capful Thieves Household Cleaner on regular cycle
- Clean Fabrics (spot test)
- Clean around fireplace
- Dust furniture
- Clean blinds (vertical blinds especially)
- Add to steam cleaners for extra cleaning power
- Add to pressure cleaner before cleaning concrete driveways or the car.
- Clean your vegetables and fruits (dilute cleaner with water in a sink full of water, let veggies and fruit soak, rinse well. Or try Young Living Fruit & Veggie Wash)
- Clean spa bath (Fill tub and add 1-2 capfuls Thieves Household Cleaner, then run jets for 5 minutes)
- Spray down inside of car (dashboard, seats, console)
- Use to wash car (Add 1/3 cup Thieves Household Cleaner to large bucket of water)
The Thieves cleaner comes in a small or large bottle and you can even get a convenient spray great for shopping carts, public tables, and so much more.
If you are interested in learning more about natural cleaning I have a free Ultimate Guide to Natural, Green Cleaning e-book. It’s 45 pages full of my favourite natural cleaning recipes and tips. I love giving you guys free stuff. I hope you love it too.