What if you could enhance the power of your essential oils by using them with crystals?
So, by now you probably know just how powerful essential oils are, right? Well, what if you could amplify their energy by pairing them with crystals?
Many people think that because science has yet to determine any proven benefits from using crystals that they’re just another ‘hippy woo woo’ thing. But, the beauty and power of crystals have long been recognised by different cultures around the world. Healers, shaman, priests and spiritual seekers have prized crystals over the millenia for both their healing and spiritual properties.
Today people all over the world collect crystals for their beauty as well as their ability to calm and bring balance to our modern and sometimes chaotic lives.
I love that Mother Earth makes both essential oils and crystals!
How to select which crystals to use with essential oils?
It is basically the same as how you select which essential oil you use.
- Ask yourself – what do you want your crystal to do? Then look up which crystals can help with that. Investing in a good crystal book will help or otherwise these days you can just do a google search.
- Trust your intuition. Wave your hand over your crystals and if you feel a shift in energy or there is one that seems to be leaping out at you then choose that one. I like to use my pendulum if I really can’t decide.
Pairing Crystals with Essential Oils
Right now there are lots of people feeling stressed, anxious and emotional. So, if you have some crystals now is a good time to get them out and use them. Crystals work best when you can see them or feel them rather than being tucked away somewhere. So, get them out and hold them. Wear them. Carry them around with you. Add them to your roller bottles and let their energy infuse with the essential oils and carrier oil.
Here are some of my favourite crystals to use right now and the essential oils I like to pair with them.
- Fluorite for calling in blessings. When it feels like only a miracle could save the day, infuse your Fluorite with calming essential oils such as Northern Lights Black Spruce, Peace and Calming, Tangerine, Bergamot and Ylang Ylang to enhance its rainbow energy. This month Young Living are actually giving away a beautiful Flourite wand together with a 15ml Northern Lights Black Spruce essential oil with every Essential Rewards order over 320pv. This is such an unbelievably special deal so make sure you take advantage of this promotion.
- Sodalite calms the mind and allows you to receive new information. It works on the emotions and lightens the heart. Essential Oil Pairings – Coriander, Bergamot and Peppermint.
- Hematite creates a sense of calm by quietening the mind. It has a supportive, grounding and centring effect. Essential Oil Pairings – Sandalwood, Palo Santo or Cedarwood.
- Amethyst is my Swiss army knife of crystals. Wise people have said that this purple stone is incredibly protective, healing, and purifying. It’s claimed it can help rid the mind of negative thoughts and bring forth humility, sincerity, and spiritual wisdom. So it is great to use in mediation. I like to use it with the Inspiration essential oil blend as well as with Clary Sage, Jasmine and Lavender.
- Amazonite brings out clarity, clear spirit, as well as being a good connector between the heart chakra (love) and throat chakra (communication). It calms and balances the emotions. Essential Oil Pairings – Peppermint, Basil and Rosemary for increased clarity.
- Clear quartz strengthens and brings coherent energy. Many consider it to be a “master healer” and an ideal first crystal for someone new to using crystals. Quartz can amplify energy by absorbing, storing, releasing, and regulating it. It may also aid concentration and memory. I use clear quartz for my crown chakra and use it alongside Frankincense and the essential oil blend Clarity.
- Rose quartz has a calming and reassuring effect. Just as the colour may suggest, this pink stone is all about love. Many say it helps restore trust and harmony in all different kinds of relationships while improving close connections. Some claim it provides comfort and calm during times of grief. Rose quartz can also encourage love, respect, trust, and worth within one’s self. I use the Sensation essential oil blend, rose, bergamot, ylang ylang, jasmine and geranium with rose quartz.
- Rhodonite sometimes called the stone of love, balances and helps convey the energy of unconditional love. It works with the practical aspects of our feelings and has a greater grounding effect than the rose quartz or other pink stones. Essential Oil Pairings – juniper, ginger and the essential oil blend Acceptance are perfect with Rhodonite.
- Jasper is known as the “supreme nurturer.” It can empower the spirit and support you through times of stress by preparing you to fully “show up.” Crystal experts claim it protects you from and absorbs negative vibes while promoting courage, quick thinking, and confidence. These are traits that are extra helpful when tackling important issues. Essential Oil Pairings – Stress Away, Roman Chamomile, Elemi and Vetiver.
- Moonstone is great for when I’m feeling tense. It may encourage inner growth and strength. When starting fresh, this stone could also soothe those uneasy feelings of stress and instability so you’re able to move forward successfully. Essential Oil Pairings – grapefruit, sandalwood, melissa and hyssop.
- Obsidian is great for bringing imbalance to the surface so that other crystals can clear it away. It is an intensely protective stone. Obsidian is said to help form a shield against physical and emotional negativity. It may also said help get rid of emotional blockage and promote qualities of strength, clarity, and compassion to help find your true sense of self. Essential Oil Pairings – Vetiver
- Citrine release negative traits from your life like fear. Bring joy, wonder, and enthusiasm to every part of your life with citrine. It’s often used to encourage optimism, warmth, motivation, and clarity. And to enhance mindful qualities, like creativity and concentration. Essential Oil Pairings – sandalwood, grapefruit and orange.
- Turquoise is supportive and protective. This blue crystal has powers that are said to help heal the mind, body, and soul. Generally speaking, it’s used as a good luck charm that can help balance your emotions while finding your spiritual groundings. Turquoise is another stone that provides centring for the body, mind, and spirit. I like to use Turquoise with the essential oil blend Grounding, as well as palo santo, marjoram and valerian.
- Black tourmaline is a favourite of many in that it helps individuals ground themselves but seems also to deflect unnecessary chaotic energy coming from all around. Essential Oil Pairings – sage and frankincense.
- Smokey quartz is another excellent grounding stone that also brings a great capability to dissolve or breakthrough challenging energy or emotions. It is protective and able to dissolve negative states. It is great to use for meditation with the essential Oil Blend Awaken.
- Tiger’s eye has a balancing power to it. It can help overcome what is holding you back from your true passion. If you’re in need of a power or motivation boost, this golden stone may be for you. It can help rid your mind and body of fear, anxiousness, and self-doubt. Tiger’s eye can help guide you to harmony and balance to help you make clear, conscious decisions. I pair Tiger’s eye with the essential oil blend Motivation as well as clove, fennel and orange.
- Celestite is said to help you express your truths. Essential Oil Pairings – helichrysum, ginger, jasmine, cypress and clove.
- Aquamarine is called the stone of courage, helping an individual feel prepared and protected. Essential Oil Pairings – Valor and Believe essential oil blends.
- Blue lace agate is an energy-balancer and enhancer between the top four chakras, bringing balance between what we feel, believe, think, and should say. I like to pair this crystal with cedarwood, lavender, lime and orange.
Looking after your crystals
Now we have talked about how crystals can give energy out but they also absorb and store energy. So for this reason it is important to cleanse and recharge your crystals so as to remove any unwanted energy and restore them to their original clarity. New crystals need to be cleansed before you use them and each time you use them for healing. You can cleanse your crystals by doing any of the following:
- Moon Bath – lay your crystals out on the earth or a natural surface during a full moon to bathe in the moonlight.
- Use Incense or a Smudge Stick – hold your crystal within the smoke of the incense or smudge stick.
- Visualisation – Take a deep breath and blow over the crystal. Imagine that you are blowing away the negative energy.
- Sea Salt – Use dry sea salt in a small container and bury the crystal for 24 hours. Don’t use salt water as this damages any softer stones.
- Sun and Water – Hold the crystals under running water for a minute and then place in the sun to dry. Sound – The vibrations of pure sound such as a bell, gong or tuning fork can energetically clean a crystal.
One final thought about crystals & essential oils…
One of my favourite ways to use essential oils and crystals together is when balancing chakras. If you would like to learn more about Chakra Balancing them check out my online Chakra Connection course. What is included in the course:
- ‘Are your chakra’s healthy?’ checklist
- A 65 minute online workshop which explains each of the seven main chakras, the central issues for each chakra, related organs and body systems, crystals, essential oils and affirmations for each of the chakras.
- 15 minute Chakra Meditation (this is at the end of the Chakra workshop)
- 7 x 10ml clear glass roller bottles you can use to make up your own Chakra Rollers
- 7 x bags of crystal chips to add to your chakra roller bottles
- 7 x labels for your roller bottles
- A handout you can print out which provides information about each of the Chakra’s including the essential oils that you can use to make up your roller bottles.
You can make up the seven Chakra roller bottles with your own essential oils, the energised crystals that were included in the kit and a carrier oil. Pop on the labels and use them as required to awaken and balance your chakras.