One area that people often overlook when thinking about how to use their essential oils is the romance department. OMG let me give you my top 10 essential oils for romance and of course love.
Essential oils like Ylang Ylang, Joy essential oil blend, Sensation essential oil blend, or Geranium are great to diffuse or apply to get you in the mood.
For him, you’re going to want to apply Goldenrod, Idaho Blue Spruce, Shutran essential oil blend, or Nutmeg – diluted of course.
You can mix up your own DIY Massage Oil using your favourite essential oils and Young Living’s V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex OR grab one of their premade massage oils – Sensation, Relaxation, Ortho Ease, etc. They’re amazing and have many of the essential oils for romance.
Or you could even try the Slurry Cage recipe from our menopause workshop if you need a little extra lubrication. It is 50% clary sage essential oil and 50% cypress oil in a roller rolled on your inner thigh before bed.
My Top 10 Essential Oils for Romance and Love
- Geranium essential oil (Pelargonium graveolens) is carefully steam distilled from the fragrant flowers and leaves of the popular plant native to southern Africa. My Grandma used to call Geranium the women’s plant and she grew practically every type of geranium there is. She knew a thing or two about women and what they like (hint hint). Its calming, floral aroma can encourage peaceful, romantic feelings, making it a great oil for your bedroom. You can also add Geranium oil to a steamy bath to create a romantic experience to get you in the mood.
- Bergamot essential oil is used for opening up the heart Chakra as well as radiating love. Do you pronounce it Berg-a-mot or Berg-a-moe???
- Ylang Ylang is the essential oil of romance! Ylang Ylang petals were traditionally placed upon the beds of newlyweds as a symbol of love and connection. Be swept away with the uplifting, floral aroma of Ylang Ylang to encourage feelings of love and affection. Ylang Ylang balances the male and female energies.
- Clary Sage essential oil has an herbaceous aroma that is believed to create a calm and relaxing environment. Many women add this oil combined with a carrier oil into their daily routine particularly in the week before their period. It is also a great oil to use throughout the month as needed. Apply topically around the ankles or to the bottoms of the feet.
- Golden Rod essential oil – Let’s not forget him – he will love a romantic inner thigh (and more hint hint) massage with this amazing oil. We often joke about Golden Rod being perfect for rods lol. It sure will get him in the mood. Shutran contains Idaho Blue Spruce, Ocotea, Ylang Ylang, Hinoki, Coriander, Davana, Lavender, Cedarwood, Lemon and Northern Lights Black Spruce.
- And then there is Shutran essential oil blend. Gary Young the founder of Young Living said that he created Shutran for men but so the chemical constituents in Shutran would attract a woman! So really it is for us women. Shutran Essential Oil Blend is a wonderful blend of exotic and rare oils that harmonises male and female energy but in a much different way than Ylang Ylang.
- Bring romance and warmth to your every day with Young Living Joy Essential Oil Blend. With its combination of floral and citrus essential oils, including Ylang Ylang, Geranium, Jasmine, Palmarosa, Rose, Bergamot, Lemon, and Tangerine, this unique and feminine fragrance is sure to be a favorite. Diffuse it or dab it on your neck and wrists for a natural floral perfume. Apply it to your skull and invite peace and togetherness with its positive aroma.
- Lady Sclareol is an essential oil blend created especially for women to enhance their feminine nature and provide a relaxing experience when diffused. It was designed to be worn as an exquisite fragrance because of its powerful feminine nature. Coriander, Geranium, Vetiver, Orange, Clary Sage, Bergamot, Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood, Sage, Jasmine, Idaho Blue Spruce and Spearmint (all the essential oils for romance) combine to create a blend that is great for diffusing or topical application. Wear it daily as a personal perfume!
- Young Living Sensation essential oil blend combines fragrant, feminine essential oils that are uplifting and refreshing. This blend encourages feelings of love and affection. Sensation is uplifting, stimulating, energising, calming and balancing, with an alluring and exotic scent. It can be used to nourish and support healthy skin, and may assist with breaking down emotional blocks. The intoxicating scent of Sensation enhances the excitement of experiencing new heights of self-expression and awareness. Contains Coriander, Ylang Ylang, Bergamot, Jasmine**, Geranium essential oils. Are you starting to see some similar essential oils for romance show up in a lot of these blends?
- We can’t talk about essential oils for romance and love without adding Rose to the list. Rose is the ultimate essential oil when we think of love. Rose essential oil is distilled to gently release the delicate flower’s oil through steam. Because each 5-ml bottle requires nearly 10kgs of rose petals, Rose oil is one of the most valuable essential oils you can acquire. But boy is it worth every cent. Its aroma always makes me feel in love.
Bring on the romance with these recipes!
To create a Romantic Massage Oil –
Add these recipes to 100mls of carrier oil such as Young Living’s V6, almond oil, coconut oil or apricot oil and use them as a massage oil
To create a Romantic Perfume –
Put the essential oils for romance into a roller bottle with Young Living’s V6 or fractionated coconut oil and wear them as a perfume.
Looove Potion no. 9
- 15 drops Young Living Ylang Ylang essential oil
- 8 drops Young Living Bergamot essential oil
- 8 drops Young Living Black Pepper essential oil
The floral aroma of Ylang Ylang essential oil pairs well with the bright, happy notes of Orange. Adding Idaho Blue Spruce rounds out the romantic atmosphere while fostering open connection with your loved one. Add this blend to your diffuser during date night or anytime you want to foster romantic connection!
- 4 drops Ylang Ylang essential oil
- 4 drops Idaho Blue Spruce essential oil
- 3 drops Orange essential oil
- 15 drops Young Living Mister essential oil blend
- 10 drops Young Living Idaho Blue Spruce essential oil
- 5 drops Young Living Ylang Ylang essential oil
- 15 drops Young Living Ylang Ylang essential oil
- 15 drops Young Living Idaho Blue Spruce essential oil
- 4 drops Young Living Bergamot essential oil
- 4 drops Young Living Ylang Ylang essential oil
- 4 drops Young Living Sandalwood essential oil
- 3 drops Young Living Orange essential oil
- 3 drops Young Living Rosemary essential oil
- 2 drops Young Living Ginger essential oil
- 3 drops Young Living Black Pepper essential oil
You can learn more about essential oils for romance and making your own Love Potions in my Blog Post – Love Potions From Cleopatra to Harry Potter
Can’t be bothered making up your own massage oils. Young Living’s Sensation Massage Oil inspires the senses and encourages feelings of romance and youthfulness. This special blend of vegetable and essential oils leaves skin feeling smooth and soft. Contains Ylang Ylang, Jasmine, Coriander, Geranium and Bergamot essential oils.
If you don’t already order Young Living essential oils and would like to, so you can use some of the essential oils for romance and make all of these recipes please click here!