Basil Essential Oil | Young Living Essential Oils Australia
Basil essential oil has a fresh, herbaceous aroma that can be calming and refreshing. Dilute with V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex when applying directly to desired area.
This herb is found in a variety of dishes and is popular in both Asian and European cooking. With Basil essential oil, it’s easy to add this well-loved seasoning to whatever you like. Using an essential oil, you can get a brighter flavour than dried herbs without the hassle of fresh herbs.
Basil Essential Oil Uses:
- Flavour your favourite pasta sauce recipes with Basil essential oil. Add Rosemary essential oil or Oregano essential oil for even more flavour.
- Add to deli salads, Asian- or Italian-inspired soups, and custom salad dressings or vinaigrettes to share with family and friends.
- Boil pasta noodles in basil-infused water for a subtle flavour.
- Pair with lime juice and melons, such as watermelon and rockmelon, for a fresh summer treat. For a more complex flavour profile, garnish with feta cheese.
- Mix with a mild tea, such as chamomile. Add a dash of honey to sweeten the experience.
- Put 3-5 drops of Basil oil in each of your shoes to keep them smelling fresh. If your shoes have plastic or leather soles, put the oil onto a cotton ball and leave it overnight.
How to Use
Topical: Dilute 1 drop with 1 drop of V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex or olive oil and apply to desired area as needed.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 30 minutes 3 times daily.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.
Culinary: Young Living’s Basil essential oil pairs well with savoury foods, but you can add its sweet, slightly peppery flavour to any meal. Try Basil essential oil with sauces, breads, soups, chicken, or seafood, or try a sweet concoction like basil-strawberry lemonade. If you want a lighter basil flavour in your dish, dip a toothpick in the oil and swirl it in your preparations.
Storage: Store in a cool, dark place.
(Basil (Ocimum basilicum) † leaf oil
†100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil
All orders are dispatched within 48 hours of receipt of order. Please allow up to 5 business days for deliveries to metro areas and up to 10 business days for deliveries to the Northern Territory and remote areas.
Young Living embraces a rigorous quality control standard to help ensure our products meet strict specifications. Seed to Seal is our set of standards that helps ensure that with every pure essential oil and Young Living product your family uses, you’re enjoying the benefits of our global resources, industry leadership, and over two decades of innovation.
Thanks for Visiting Hot Oily Mumma the Home of Natural Living and Essential Oils Australia
Our mission is to connect you with the very best essential oils of Australia. We love what we do and believe that the best essential oils you can buy in Australia are sourced from Young Living.